If you’re reading this, it’s because you’ve got a serious hunger for pancakes. The recipe that follows is an ancient secret shared only among the Merfolk tribe. These keto pancakes… Dare I say.. Are even better than their flour-based cousins! Yes, these pancakes not only feel and taste like the real deal, but they’ll also leave you feeling awake and energized. When’s the last time you ate a stack of pancakes and didn’t want to fall face first into the couch? Today my friends, today…
Easy Low Carb Keto Collagen Pancakes
Serving size: 4 silver dollar pancakes
- Calories: 376
- Total Fat: 31.8g
- Total Carbohydrates: 8.4g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.1g
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Protein: 18.3g
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup unsweetened milk (I use almond milk, but you can use any milk you like)
- 3 tbsp hydrolyzed collagen
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp Gluten-free baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt (I use pink Himalayan salt)
Optional Additions: Vanilla extract, stevia chocolate chips, blueberries, matcha, or whatever your ancient hunger desires.
Topping Ideas: Nut butter, fresh whipped cream, fresh berries, hemp seeds, cinnamon, or our favorite - NuNaturals sugar free maple syrup.
- Whisk or beat all ingredients until a smooth and pourable but not runny batter has formed.
- Preheat and lightly oil a cast iron, enameled or non-stick pan on medium heat. Once the pan is warm pour the batter to the size pancake you want. We like using our ⅛ measuring cup to make silver dollar style pancakes.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 1 ½ to 2 minutes until bubbles form on the top and it’s easy to flip. Let cook for another minute or until the other side has lightly browned.
- Stack and serve!
Since these pancakes do not have any sweetener added, they make a great keto bread substitute. Add a poached egg, bacon and avocado OR cream cheese and lox with a big handful of leafy greens for an extra powerful breakfast that will keep you going for hours.
Useful tip: Double, triple, or even quadruple the batch and freeze the leftovers for when you need another quick pancake fix. Reheat in toaster or oven for immediate satiety.